Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In my Mini Fridge: The Insider Edition

Before we get started today, I have to say that I think mini fridge should be one word. It’s not, at least according to spell check. But then again, spell check doesn't think carabiner, spectrophotometric, and icosahedron are spelled correctly either. (For the record, they are, and strangely enough, icosahedrons is fine.)

That said, this Monday I was in charge of bringing snack for my rock climbing class.  I picked up grapes from Appel (the small round purple ones . . . my favorite kind of grapes), carrots from RPCC, and strawberries from Target.  Then I had to fit all this into my mini fridge.

Normally I only use my fridge for milk, pudding, and applesauce, so it’s pretty empty.  By shoving the applesauce and pudding into the back of the fridge, I could then jam all the fruits and vegetables into my fridge with minimal fridge Tetris.

I could have posted the picture of the mold I found in my fridge
after winter break,but I think I deleted that one.
Currently, I have five different kinds of fresh fruit in my room (apple, orange, pear, strawberries, and grapes).  This is actually exciting because I’m a college student with no car or fixed income and I like fruit.

As an added bonus, here’s a picture of my corner of my dorm room:


Highlights include my lunchbox, AAIV quartercard (they were actually the only Christian fellowship on campus to quartercard me), stuffed dog (yes, she came to college with me), picture of my brother in a Viking hat, and the periodic table. And don’t worry. My desk isn't always this neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment