Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Week in Review

Last week was fairly eventful, as far as any week at Cornell goes.  Monday I had classes, then pep band rehearsal, so the week began like usual.

Tuesday, I had an informal job interview . . . and got hired.  And I did tell my parents before announcing this all over the internet.  I’ll describe the job in greater detail after all the paperwork gets sorted out and I actually get some work.  That same night, I picked up a package from home, which contained mostly food, plus some stickers.  But not just any stickers.  Penguin stickers.  (I like penguins.)

Then Wednesday I may have started my day by slicing my finger open while coring an apple.  As in, I sliced my finger open while coring an apple.  While some people may have apple corers, my entire cutlery supplies consist of one spoon, one fork, a spreader, a peeler, a paring knife, and an assortment of plastic utensils.  So I was using the paring knife to chop up and otherwise mutilate an apple and I guess one of my fingers was in the wrong place when my hand slipped.  (It wasn't bad.  At all.)

But I made this lunch, and most of the carbohydrates came from the box from home.  The crackers were only slightly crushed.


Thursday I had to fill out a work form and then a friend and I walked all the way to RPCC for dinner.  Usually I go to Appel because it’s closer to my dorm, but we must have been feeling extra adventurous that evening.

And Friday I ended the week with a hockey game, which is a pretty fantastic way to end any week.  The men’s team returned home after a week away to play Quinnipiac.  They’re currently something like second in the nation and our team has lost their last five games.  It was an interesting night.

(Also, the giant icicle reached the bottom of the gorge before melting sometime early this week.  If you haven't noticed, the state of the giant icicle is a news item of the day for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment