Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Nineteenth First Day of School

It’s that time of year again. The leaves are starting to turn brown change color. The temperature drops twenty degrees overnight. The air starts feeling crisp and fresh in the mornings. Parents are giving their wallets to Target buying shiny new pencils and notebooks. Half-asleep Smiling happy children shuffle onto eagerly board bright yellow school buses at dark o’clock in the mornings. Yes, it’s back to school for children all across America. And me, if I’m not considered a children any more. And if we ignore that fact that I didn’t leave last year so I’m not really coming back this year. I’m just . . . here . . . all the time.

To celebrate my nineteenth year of schooling, I thought I would answer some back to school questions. Questions (taken from various blogs across the internet) and answers below. Sorry, no pictures with Pinterest signs.

School: University of Michigan

Grade: 18th (hypothetical question – how much school is too much?)

I am _____ inches tall short and I weigh _____ pounds only slightly more than my IKEA dresser.

Favorite color: Orange

Favorite food: Dessert

Favorite thing to eat at lunch: The only thing I eat for lunch: Peanut butter and jam sandwiches

Favorite animal: Grumpy cat. Also dogs.

Favorite book: Books about people climbing and hiking things; science fiction; comedic sci fi fantasy; books without characters falling in love at first sight/meeting their true love/falling in love at first sight, breaking up because of a horrible misunderstanding, then realizing they really are meant for each other because true love

Favorite movie: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Pixar movies

Favorite TV show: Jeopardy!

Favorite scientific calculator: Still the Casio fx-300ES.

Something I really like: Well-marked bike lanes that don’t end suddenly on the highway and cars who let you make left turns when you signal

Something I really don’t like: When food you haven’t had for that long goes moldy

Something I want to do this year: See the New England Revolution win MLS cup, but I’ll settle for baking cookies. Maybe also cake.

The best thing that happened today (this weekend): Buying apples at the farmer’s market

When I grow up I want to be a: Employed

No comments:

Post a Comment