Thursday, July 3, 2014

3rd of July

For the first time since after my freshman year of high school when I went to Disney World with my family, I got to see live fireworks tonight. Ithaca does fireworks for July 4th and you can see them from the Cornell campus, so a friend and I made the trek over to the slope to watch fireworks.

There were some fairly impressive fireworks. No pictures in the sky or anything like that, but it wasn’t just balls of flaming light in the sky for twenty minutes. Some of the fireworks changed color, some of them had multiple colors, they had different burn times, some of them were obscured by buildings or clouds . . . wait, that was just due to where we were sitting. What was kind of funny was that the first firework that came up was directly behind one of the dorms on West Campus. At the end of the show, it looked like some of the lower fireworks were missing their bottom half. Turned out there was a smoke/fog cloud right between us and the fireworks. Such is life.

Anyway, proof that I did indeed leave my apartment:


Happy 3rd 4th of July.
Edit: So I was thinking, and if industry, research, and academia don’t work out, making fireworks is a legitimate use of a ChemE degree, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment