Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Business as Usual

Happy December. Cornell has started to look like this more often:


It’s cold.

In the next three days, I have a 1500 word essay due and two finals (for physical chemistry and linear algebra). I also had a project due yesterday. It was supposed to be study break, but my group ended up working on the project for eight hours on Sunday and two more yesterday. Therefore, I have gotten exactly no studying done.

So it’s business as usual around here. During the semester I had a mass and energy balances problem set due on Tuesday, a linear algebra problem set due Thursday, and a physical chemistry problem set due Friday. My liberal studies class had between thirty to fifty pages of reading a week. As there were no numbers, these readings tended to be dense and massively confusing. I also worked for Cornell Productions about once a week, and had pep band two to three times a week.  I spent most of the semester behind on . . . everything, and I thought I’d finally get a break during finals week, but apparently not. We’ve just replaced problem sets with final assignments that only determine thirty to forty percent of our final grades.

There were two points I wanted to make. 1) The past two weeks are the reason I haven’t gotten to write anything about Thanksgiving. 2) I’m now taking suggestions for a new major.

Any person, any study, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment