Monday, January 7, 2013

Spring Semester

Before the craziness starts up again at Cornell, here’s a preview of the coming attractions (i.e. what classes I’m taking).  I’m currently enrolled in 18 credits, but a couple of the classes aren't immediate graduation requirements that I can drop if I start failing anything.

Differential Equations for Engineers: Another math class populated by engineers.  I haven’t heard anything extremely good or bad about this class, so I’m expecting another fairly typical math class.

Intro to Computing with MATLAB: My required intro to computer science course.  Not too many complaints from fellow freshman engineers who took this first semester.  I don’t have any programming experience, but it’s not supposed to be necessary.  I guess we’ll find out about that.

American voices: The second of my two required first year writing seminars.  No further comment involving engineering and English.

Basic Engineering Probability and Statistics: One of the two classes I don’t need to take in order to fulfill my freshman engineering requirements.  For chemical engineers, this class can be taken instead of linear algebra (for engineers).  Since I had extra space in my schedule and hadn't taken statistics before, I thought I’d see if I liked this class.

Intro to Microeconomics: My other noncompulsory class, which for engineers counts as a liberal studies class.

Basic rock climbing: This may be the “class” that I’m looking forward to the most.  It meets once a week for a two hour block at Cornell’s natural indoor rock wall.  I've wanted to try rock climbing for a whole bunch of years now, so when I saw the opportunity to climb and get PE credit, I took it.  Hopefully any scheduling changes will not affect this class.

(Also, Happy New Year, only 7 days late. . . . That’s late even by  my standards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment