Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Violets are Blue

Back in Ann Arbor1, my mother and I arrived in town just in time for the peony garden at the arboretum to be in bloom. Last year I found out that this is a Big Deal. This year I figured that flowers would be more interesting than repeat trips to Kroger or sitting at the card table in my otherwise furnitureless living room for my mother.

Last year when I visited the peony garden, it was a somewhat cloudy and overcast evening. This year, it was a cloudy and overcast afternoon, until the sun came out. The lighting was a challenge, but I came away with some flower photos without my shadow on them. While we were there, there was some sort of performance going on, so the peony garden was filled with people listening to the music groups; serious photographers with tripods, super ultrazoom macro lenses, and wind boxes; children; college students taking iPhone selfies; etc.

Some peonies

Another peony

After enjoying the flowers, we walked around the arboretum a bit. We went down to see the river and walked alongside it for a while before going to see a large bug-infested field. Until next year, peonies.

Clouds

1This happened in June. Blog time is currently running >4 months behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment