Monday, June 23, 2014

Art

First off, I am back at Cornell in the midst of summer college, tour groups, and no less than four major construction projects around the main part of campus. I have thus far survived mostly on cereal, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, pasta, frozen vegetables, eggs, and a variety of fruits.

Second, there is currently a giant root outside of the Johnson Art Museum.


I can’t find a picture of it right now, but I just wanted to let people know that I happen to have a smaller version at home. It’s an original work, produced by spade and manual hedge trimmers, and I would be willing to let it go for the right price.

Third, I became the owner of a tablet about a week before returning to Ithaca. It’s one of those that graphic artists and photographers use to make art, but since my art skills peaked in elementary school, the most useful thing it’s done for me so far is turn about six pages of handwritten equations into computer text. I honestly don’t think it was much faster than typing everything up, but it was less painful due to the preponderance of Greek letters, superscripts, and fractions. If you've ever had to type up equations in Microsoft Word, you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t, be glad.

Since, of course, my photography is usually only slightly blurry and slanted nearly professional, I was semi-interested thrilled to also be able to download a version of Photoshop that came with the tablet. It only took my sale-price high-end laptop three hours to download. Once I got to try Photoshop, I had no idea what I was doing instantly became a Photoshop master and produced such quality photos as these:

It was a dark and stormy night.

When the Statue of Liberty came alive.

And then we went to Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment