Saturday, September 21, 2013

Double the Fun

As I've mentioned before, this semester I've started blogging for Cornell’s Life on the Hill blogging program, which means that I now have two blogs and two jobs. I do not, however, have twice the number of hours in a day. That’s above my pay grade. Also, I've been told that it would be a good thing for me to get a research position if I’m thinking about going to grad school. We’ll see about that one.

[On a related note, I went to a career fair without 1) any idea of which companies would be there and 2) no resume. As per usual, I am on top of things. In my defense, I only wanted to see what it was like, which was crowded, hot, and kind of noisy. I can’t wait for when I have to start looking for a job. Grad school is starting to sound like a good idea.]

Back to the subject of my blogging: I average a post every three or four days on Life of an Engineer (2-3 posts a week) and am supposed to post twice a week for Life on the Hill. So far, I haven’t been posting the same things on both sites, meaning that I now have to write about twice as much. My life hasn't gotten twice as interesting. So for my next post, I present: “Thoughts on the Paint Chip on my Windowsill,” followed by “The Number of Steps it Takes to Get to Different Locations on Campus.” I’m kidding. Though they did tell me I could post anything on my Cornell blog . . .

I still can’t quite believe I’m being paid to irately rant complain promote all my favorite things about Cornell. Then again, I also still can’t quite believe I’m in college or that Pluto isn't a planet. I mean, how will My Very Excellent Mother Just Serve Us Nine Pizzas? Now it’s My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine. Nine whats? Next thing you know, they’ll be telling us indigo isn't a color in the rainbow. At which point, they’re just trying to mess with my childhood.

If you couldn't tell, Pluto is my favorite planet. I guess after Earth, since I sort of live there most of the time. But if for whatever reason you really can’t get enough of me here, I also blog at this place. I tend to keep it to Cornell related news over there, though I don’t know who wouldn't want to read my tirades in-depth analysis of the MLS playoff system. (By the way, the Revolution are currently in seventh place in the Eastern Conference. Seventh. I am not happy about that development.)

In other news, pep band has started up again (field hockey won against Georgetown 3-1), I've been hiking and rock climbing a couple times each, I haven’t lost any socks to the Laundry Monster, and I am deeply and passionately in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment