Thursday, November 26, 2015

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish, part 3 of 3

We now pause in my summer posts (just a few more to go) for me to express my thankfulness for the people who had to deal with me during the last school year. This should have been posted early last summer but I didn’t write it until the end of the summer, and by that point I thought I’d delay it until Thanksgiving and save myself the trouble of writing another post about being thankful. Because let’s face it; that probably wouldn’t have gotten done until Valentine’s Day or so.

This Last year (junior year), thanks goes to the following (you might be able to tell I spent the year sleeping, eating, and ChemE-ing, with occasional trips to the band room and the rock wall):

- the Big Red Pep Band, where it’s all about that bass (and treble)

- Hans Bethe House, for being the best house on West campus, and the inhabitants of suite 585 who had to live with me, and particularly my roommate, who had the pleasure(?) of sharing a room with me and still wanted to stay with me over the summer. Definitely my most favorite College of Engineering Environmental Engineering roommate ever.

- Cornell Outdoor Education, and in particular rock staff and any fellow climbers I’ve met who have offered belays, encouragement, or advice, for getting – and keeping – me hooked on scaling tall objects

The penguins contemplate their next move from their perilous perch at Lindseth

- the ChemE professors, for providing schooling in all things ChemE, from designing reactors and separation units to using obscure ChemE programs to understanding the kinetics behind slope day behavior

- the TAs who put in the effort to keep us from floundering (too much) in our classes

- the ChemE class of 2017, who had to put up with my TA’ing. Saury for any times I led you astray; I promise I didn’t mean to.

- the ChemE class of 2016. Catch you in the fall for more mutual suffering. And when you find yourself in the deep dark trenches of problem sets, just keep swimming.

- other miscellaneous family and friends, for dealing with my warped sense of humor, affinity for mosquitoes and fully experiencing mud, insistence on taking stairs and longcuts, and ability to complain about absolutely anything. It was a reel fun year, made better by the people who shared it with me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment