Sunday, May 10, 2015

Moth Hairs


Pippin: Merry, I've got it this time – Happy Moth Hairs Day!
Merry: Pip, you smoke too much.  That doesn't sound right at all.
Gimli: What are you two going on about?
Merry: Pippin thinks there’s some sort of occasion going on today.
Pippin: Yes, it’s Moth Hairs Day, just like last year.
Legolas: Mother’s Day, young master hobbit.
Gimli: Ah, a day celebrating dwarf women.  You know, some say that there are no dwarf women, and dwarves come up out of the ground.
Pippin: I – I don’t understand.
Merry: You don’t understand a lot of things, Pip. . . . Are there any dwarf women?
Gimli: Of course.  My very own mother.  Ask Frodo’s uncle, Bilbo; he’s seen a picture of her.
Gandalf: Yes, yes he has.  And how did we come at this topic?
Merry: Pippin was wishing everyone a Happy Moth Hairs Day, but he’d had it all wrong, it’s-
Pippin: Wait, I want to say it.
Merry: Go ahead, then.
Pippin: Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment