Tuesday, June 24, 2014

1189

Among the other things I meant to write about and didn't was the fact that last week I came to the 1772nd page of a book and finished reading its last (the 1189th) chapter. It was a book that took a very long time to finish, but it was a very good book. There were battles, journeys across deserts and oceans, visions and prophecies predicted and fulfilled, and even a left-handed judge who wasn't properly checked for weapons and who killed an opposing ruler by plunging a dagger into the enemy king’s stomach. And then the king’s intestines fell out.

Upon completion of the 1772nd page of the Bible, I decided to go back and start again at the beginning. This time I’ll be reading chronologically. Hopefully it takes me less than six and a half years this time. Reading fairly regularly, I got through the New Testament in nine months (October 2013 – June 2014) and that was about one third of the Bible, so there is light at the end of this tunnel. Projected ETA: 2.25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment